Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ashes to Ashes

My sweet, perfect, photogenic pup. I swear he makes everything better. Dogs>humans.

There's this map rug at work, that I'm sure won't be missed if I took it.

I decided to update since it's been a bit, even though I haven't done much. Friday, I waited up for Tori until about 10 o'clock and we called a cab. We played with the newborn puppies until it got to my place. We headed to the Londoner, but it was packed wall to wall. So we just got a few drinks and chain smoked and called a new cab. Somehow, we still managed to spend about $40 on my tab, meet a deaf pup named Stella who knew human sign language, and awkwardly bump into my mom's boyfriend and a girl we met a month or so ago who doesn't know she's a lesbian yet.

We went to another bar, and we became friends with a random, extremely open-minded, straight man named Tony. I still need to add him on Facebook. Hillary met us up there after she went to the Frank Ocean concert and we had more drinks, played darts, and met a couple of more guys that we were convinced were boyfriends.

We went home and passed out. The next morning was kind of ruined by my mother, and Hillary couldn't find her wallet. We all left and Tori, Bubba, and I headed to her dad's house about two hours away where we watched the dogs. On the way there, we stopped and got Babe's, a Nintendo 64 controller, where Tori realized she didn't have her ID, and some hydration. We took pictures with a fake cop, stopped at a garage sale and got three unicorn pictures, and when we got to her dad's our food was cold. I ate mashed potatoes, and we played Mario Kart. I suck at that.

We then took a nap. Story of our life. When we woke up, we played with the puppies and Tori made homemade macaroni and cheese, baked in the oven. So fucking delicious. We watched both Kills Bills. Tori got a bit sick, and then we went and bought some Nyquil. We took an unreccomended dose and fell asleep to Mad Men.

We woke up around 2:00 the next day and cleaned house. We ate left over Mac and Cheese and watched Spiderman and Batman. By the time we showered and got ready her dad and stepmom, stepsister, and her boyfriend came home their cruise. They got me an oversized bottle of Crown and a necklace. We visited for a few hours and Tori brought me home. We ate Taco's and watched House Hunters, picked up her ID from the last bar, and fell asleep.

It's always sad when she leaves in the morning.

Work was long yesterday, and I wanted to take pictures in this spot of the warehouse that caught my eye one day. I even brought all of my tools and camera, but my boss stayed late. Normally everyone leaves right at 5. Today, I don't feel like it. Tori was telling me that I need new subject matter. Well, I like doing portraits, and I'm okay with that.

When I watched the lesbian flick High Art, it really actually made me feel a lot better at the fact that I love portraiture so much. That's my thing, and that's okay. I do need to start carrying my camera around with me more, because I know that I can capture so many beautiful moments, but I'm always so scared of ruining it.

Anyway. Today's another day where I need to focus on my work more.

Tomorrow I hope to register for class. I'm awaiting an email back from Daniel, so I can start writing for the paper next semester.

Until then.


  1. So pretty!

    PS. We’ve a $100 Giveaway to Skinny Bitch Apparel on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!


  2. Cute photos!